The Exchange is a beautifully renovated old Cornish chapel situated at the heart of Wadebridge, a prominent market town on the North coast of Cornwall.
Originally built in 1874, the building is owned by Wadebridge Christian Centre and continues to be home to their church congregation and church activities.
In 2012, Wadebridge Christian Centre embarked on an exciting collaboration with a local social enterprise, Exhale. The partnership between the two organisations has raised over £300,000 to completely renovate and remodel the building, including inserting an additional floor and adding a rear extension.
Our vision was to create a valued community resource, serving the needs of the local community.
The result? Over 3,500 square feet of gorgeous, contemporary, state-of-the-art facilities and flexible community space; comprising offices, small consulting and counselling rooms and larger flexible meeting, training and conference rooms. Suitable for a whole range of events, and offered at an affordable rate. The whole building is fully accessible, with a lift that serves all three floors, accessible toilet facilities and a hearing loop in The Sanctuary, our large top floor auditorium. The building was renovated to the highest specification, with low energy lighting, new efficient double glazing and buckets of internal insulation to minimise our impact on the environment.
The Exchange houses the activities of Wadebridge Christian Centre, continuing the long tradition of providing a place of worship and spiritual refuge within the town.