Here at The Exchange we are passionate about sustainability, and not just because it’s trendy.
We are serious about doing business in a way that protects the environment and benefits the local community.
Both Wadebridge Christian Centre and Exhale CIC have strong sustainability policies, and we have brought this with us into our partnership.
Our aims include:
- Contributing to the community that we are in – by choosing to support and work with local businesses and buying local where possible.
- Where we can’t buy local, we will buy British where possible.
- Where we can’t buy British, we will be mindful of the distance travelled by our purchases, and ensure that the products we buy are Fairtrade where possible.
- Minimising our impact on the environment by creating a building that is well insulated, with energy efficient lights, heating and good double glazing.
- Providing facilities that encourage people to access the building by bike or foot, including showers and bike racks.
- Promoting access to our building by bike, foot, public transport or car sharing.
- Providing facilities to recycle waste.
- Ensuring any profit from The Exchange is ploughed back into the community through Exhale Community Interest Company, a registered Social Enterprise.